- Mystery over seat-sharing at Maharajpur, Kanpur Cantt continues February 6, 2017
- Akhilesh meets Ghulam Ali, says art and artists should not be linked to politics October 10, 2015
- Now, BJP leader in UP puts up hoardings likening Narendra Modi to Mahatma Gandhi October 3, 2015
- The last of a type: A day in the life of Krishna Kumar, the typist opposite Lucknow GPO September 26, 2015
- Muzaffarnagar riots: Build-up started 4-5 months before, says Sahai who submitted inquiry commission report September 24, 2015
Unable to display feed at this time.
- Covid-19: 12 patients at Balrampur hosp OPD test positive August 5, 2021The daily Covid-19 cases rose to 17 in the city on Wednesday – a manifold increase in comparison to just two cases recorded three days ago. Among fresh cases, 12 were patients who had come for medical consultation for some other disease at the outpatient door (OPD) facility of the Balrampur Hospital.
- NCM seeks clarity on UP Muharram circular August 5, 2021Amidst outrage over UP DGP Mukul Goel’s Muharram circular, National Commission for Minorities (NCM) on Wednesday took suo motu cognizance and sought clarification on contentious portions of the letter from UP chief secretary RK Tiwari and demanded details on past sectarian violence.
- UP: 8-yr-old killed after mom fails to repay Rs 3L loan August 5, 2021Hardoi police arrested a man on Tuesday night for murdering an eight-year-old Hardoi girl after her mother failed to repay Rs 3 lakh loan taken from him.
- PM Modi to interact with UP’s GKAY beneficiaries August 5, 2021Prime Minister Narendra Modi will interact with the beneficiaries of Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY) in UP via video conferencing on Thursday to mark UP the celebration of August 5 as PMGKAY Day.
- UP: BJP inducts ex-BSP MLA Jitendra Singh Babloo August 5, 2021In a surprising development, the Bharatiya Janata Party on Wednesday inducted former Bahujan Samaj Party MLA from Bikapur assembly seat in Ayodhya, Jitendra Singh Babloo, who has been one of the prime accused in the case involving arson and setting the house of the then UP Congress Committee chief Rita Bahuguna Joshi ---now a BJP MP – on fire in 2009.
- Adityanath lauds RSS, says Oppn silent on plight of Hindus in Pakistan August 5, 2021
- BJP govt misusing Covid curbs to scuttle BSP’s Brahmin sammelans: Mayawati August 5, 2021
- NCM asks UP govt to clarify Muharram security guidelines issued by police August 4, 2021
- Ex-BSP MLA accused of arson at Rita Joshi house joins BJP August 4, 2021
- BJYM office-bearer a history-sheeter, named in 16 cases: Kanpur Police August 3, 2021
- Gang making fake surety & bail papers busted in Kanpur August 5, 2021A gang, which used to prepares fake sureties and bail papers for the accused in jail, was busted by the crime branch on Wednesday. Five members of the gang have been arrested from the Kalyanpur police station area. The accused include one advocate, and five others.
- Youth accused of rape held after girl attempts suicide in Uttar Pradesh's Banda district August 5, 2021The Police in Banda district have arrested a youth, after an undergraduate student allegedly attempted suicide accusing him of rape and blackmail. Circle officer (CO) Sadar, Siyaram said the police have lodged a complaint following preliminary findings and arrested the accused.
- Kanpur: 51,867 get Covid vaccination in a day August 4, 2021As many as 51,867 city people got first dose of anti-Covid vaccine during the mega vaccination drive held on Tuesday. The target was fixed to vaccinate over 60,000 people.
- 65-year-old man smashed to death August 4, 2021
- Groom takes off clothes, wades through flood water in Kanpur's Farrukhabad district August 4, 2021In an unusual incident which took place on Monday in Farrukhabad district, a groom and other members of the marriage party took off their clothes to cross their village inundated with flood water and reach the approach road. Now, photos of the groom along with the guests are going viral across the social media sites.
- Ganga, Yamuna level to rise further, Prayagraj district officials sound alert August 5, 2021After 24 hours of relief, officials of the district authorities on Wednesday sounded an alert as water levels of Ganga and Yamuna will rise after the release of 18 lakh cusec water into Chambal river. Officials informed that the released water will reach the city by August 7.
- Close vigil on river banks, over 400 buried bodies cremated by Prayagraj Municipal Corporation August 5, 2021After showing a receding trend for the past two days, the water level of river Ganga and Yamuna once again started to rise on Wednesday. With the Ganga inundating larger areas on its bank, both at Phaphamau and Chhatnag, bodies buried on the sandy banks of river Ganga have started to get exposed once again.
- New record: 90,483 recipients in Prayagraj district take Covid jabs in a single day August 5, 2021The Prayagraj district has set a record of highest vaccination in a single day as 90,483 jabs were administered to recipients of all age groups in Sangam City on Tuesday under a special vaccination campaign. The campaign was held at 383 sites on Tuesday and Sangam City recorded the highest turn out of recipients across the state. Sangam city was followed by […]
- AU to confer degree of DLitt on Gulzar at its convocation August 5, 2021
- Sensitize lawyers on impact ofstrikes on courts’ working: HC August 5, 2021